1 hr 10 mins
Want something a little different as a side dish?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 lb ground chicken, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh cherries, chopped (dried would work well too)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic and zucchini.
- 3Cook until onion just starts to brown.
- 4Add brown rice and cook stirring often for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- 5Add all other ingredients, heat to boiling, stir, cover and reduce heat to low.
- 6Allow to simmer for 45-50 minutes; NO PEEKING OR STIRRING!
- 7Remove from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes without lifting the lid.
- 8Fluff with a fork and serve with chicken, turkey or whatever you prefer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 678.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 16.7 g