Recipe by Jesse&Rayye
Brown rice side dish, goes good with chicken.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this last night for dinner and I did add half a small diced onion (not listed in ingredients but in the instructions) and some diced carrots for extra vegies. I loved it (love brown rice) and DH did but said he would rather have white rice. Oh yes, I added homemade chicken broth instead of the water and chicken base. Served with recipe#417383#417383, recipe#314721#314721 and a green salad. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons simulated chicken base
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice well.
- Dice garlic, onion and celery into fine pieces.
- Add all ingredients to pot, cover, and simmer until water has been absorbed into rice.
- Average cooking time is 60 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and fluff with fork.
- Cooking time can be reduced in half by soaking rice overnight.