- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups quick cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs lightly with sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir in milk, water, rice, and dates.
- Turn into a shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish, then sprinkle generously with nutmeg.
- Set in a pan of hot water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until knife inserted in custard comes out clean.