Charlotte J's Note:
From Good Eats and Alton Brown
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces puffed brown rice, approximately 6 cups
- 3 tablespoons flax seed oil, plus extra for the pan
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
- 7 ounces mini marshmallows, approximately 4 cups
- 3 ounces toasted slivered almonds, approximately 3/4 cup
- 1 1/2 ounces coarsely chopped dried cranberries, approximately 1/3 cup
- 1 1/2 ounces coarsely chopped dried cherries, approximately 1/3 cup
- 1 ounce dried blueberries, approximately 1/3 cup
- 1Lightly coat the inside of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch metal pan with oil and set aside.
- 2Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Spread the brown puffed rice evenly on a sheet pan.
- 4Toast in the oven for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5While the rice is toasting, prepare the marshmallow mixture.
- 6Place the oil, honey, and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water.
- 7Stir until the marshmallows are melted, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Once the marshmallows are melted, quickly add the toasted brown rice, almonds, and fruit and stir to combine.
- 9Coat your hands or a spatula with oil and spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
- 10Once the mixture has cooled completely, cut into squares and store in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice Crispy Bar
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: