Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Good Eats and Alton Brown
Make and share this Brown Rice Crispy Bar recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces puffed brown rice, approximately 6 cups
- 3 tablespoons flax seed oil, plus extra for the pan
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
- 7 ounces mini marshmallows, approximately 4 cups
- 3 ounces toasted slivered almonds, approximately 3/4 cup
- 1 1⁄2 ounces coarsely chopped dried cranberries, approximately 1/3 cup
- 1 1⁄2 ounces coarsely chopped dried cherries, approximately 1/3 cup
- 1 ounce dried blueberries, approximately 1/3 cup
- Lightly coat the inside of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch metal pan with oil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the brown puffed rice evenly on a sheet pan.
- Toast in the oven for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the rice is toasting, prepare the marshmallow mixture.
- Place the oil, honey, and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water.
- Stir until the marshmallows are melted, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the marshmallows are melted, quickly add the toasted brown rice, almonds, and fruit and stir to combine.
- Coat your hands or a spatula with oil and spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Once the mixture has cooled completely, cut into squares and store in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days.