Recipe by YummySmellsca
This uses cooked brown rice (leftovers are great) and is a perfect swap for cream in baking (though it won't whip). Makes about 2 cups of "cream" which can be diluted for a beverage if you like.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, preferably Basmati
- 3 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split (optional)
- 1 (1 g) packet stevia (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup additional water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a simmer.
- Partially cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes. Remove the vanilla pod if using.
- Scrape/pour mixture into a blender, add 1/4 cup water and puree until completely smooth.
- Add the additional 1/2 cup water if necessary to blend - it should be liquid but thick.
- Let stand 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Line a strainer set over a bowl with cheesecloth and pour the blender mixture inches Let drain, discard the solids.