1 hr 40 mins
This uses cooked brown rice (leftovers are great) and is a perfect swap for cream in baking (though it won't whip). Makes about 2 cups of "cream" which can be diluted for a beverage if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a simmer.
- 2Partially cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes. Remove the vanilla pod if using.
- 3Scrape/pour mixture into a blender, add 1/4 cup water and puree until completely smooth.
- 4Add the additional 1/2 cup water if necessary to blend - it should be liquid but thick.
- 5Let stand 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- 6Line a strainer set over a bowl with cheesecloth and pour the blender mixture inches Let drain, discard the solids.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 90.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g