Recipe by FloridaNative
From the Lundberg Rice web-site, an interesting sounding recipe you can make gluten-free by using gluten-free flour.
- 2 cups cooked lundberg brown rice (short grain or long grain)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup sifted flour (gluten-free flour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add beaten egg, vanilla, mix well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Fold in cooked rice and coconut.
- In another bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon sugar, cinnamon and nut meats.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle top of each cookie with cinnamon-nut mixture.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cookies are a golden brown in color.