Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Great side to beef or chicken.
Top Review by lauralie41
I am going to give this recipe a four star rating for being so easy and inexpensive to make. For us the flavor was a three star rating as the flavor just wasnt up there. I did add some freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving and the rice was very creamy and perfectly cooked. Salt and some other herbs and spices would make this a five star recipe. Made and reviewed for the Bargain Basement Tag Game.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper