Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This not the same ole, same ole salad you're used to. It's sweet with heat plus the crunch of the nuts that is really wonderful. Chill time not included. From Taste of Home.
- 8 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 cups fresh Baby Spinach, chopped if desired
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup salted cashews
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients (brown rice, carrots, dried cranberries, red pepper, green onions). In a small bowl, whisk the chutney, oil, vinegar, curry powder, salt and garam masala. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Just before serving, add spinach and apple; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cashews.