Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother use to make it at least twice a month when I was growing up. This is one dish I make when we're going to potlucks and always get a request for the recipe.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add onions to skillet and saute until soft and yellow.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Add all ingredients to casserole dish and mix well.
- Place covered casserole in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This was a nice change from regular brown rice -- nice flavor. Will make again :)