Recipe by alyseepoo
This came from a vegetarian website.
Top Review by CelticLady
I'm not sure what went wrong here. I followed the recipe the only change was to omit the celery. This was not good. The rice was dry on top of the rest of the casserole and the taste was way off, needed something added or omitted, not sure which yet. It get's one star for being fairly simple, but I won't be making this again.
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 19 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup peas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the brown rice with the water and vegetable broth.
- Meanwwhile saute the celery, onion, and garlic clove.
- Add tomatoes to the saute and bring to a boil; then simmer.
- Mix flour and seasonings in a separate bowl and then add to the vegetables.
- Cook 3 minutes then add the peas.
- Pour into a baking dish and then cover with the rice.
- Cook for 20min at 350.