Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
"This recipe is for a bread machine. The bread has a crunchy crust, but a light, moist middle."
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (up to 1/2 cup to make dough, by eye)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of cooked rice in a two cup measuring cup.
- Add oil and enough warm water to equal 1 1/2 cups. Add this mixture to pan of bread machine. Add flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Select cycle; press Start.
- In my bread machine this takes 2 1/2 hours start to finish.