Recipe by Muffin Goddess
I found this on allrecipes, and it is one of my favorite all-purpose bread machine recipes. A high-rising loaf with excellent texture, and the taste is very adaptable to whatever flavorings you may choose to add (sweet or savory). Whatever we can't eat while it's hot usually becomes either cinnamon toast or garlic cheese toast the next day. Prep time does not include cooking time for rice. Makes 1 1 1/2 lb loaf.
Top Review by beccalynn
This is fantastic! The only change I made to the recipe was to use half whole wheat flour. Also, I used my breadmaker's dough cycle, then took it out, formed a loaf, let it raise 45 minutes, and cooked for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Such a delicious flavor! One of my favorite breads now!!!
- 1⁄2 cup leftover brown rice (or 1/3 cup uncooked, if you don't have leftovers)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- water (approx. 80-110 degrees F)
- 3 cups bread flour (all-purpose also works)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If you don't have any leftover brown rice, prepare 1/3 cup of uncooked rice and allow to cool a bit.
- Place 1/2 cup cooked rice in a 2-cup measure.
- Add olive oil and enough warm water to make 1 1/2 cups total.
- Pour rice mixture into pan of bread machine, and add all other ingredients per manufacturer's recommended order.
- Set machine for Basic setting and desired crust color.