Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
twice baked cookie,nice with a hot cup of java.
- 1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (can be left out for low fat count)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey (or Brown rice syrup)
- 3 beaten egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried pear half (or apricots)
- 2 tablespoons finely ground walnuts
- Combine flours, sugar, and powder mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients, and mix just until batter holds together.
- Shape into two logs about 6 inches by four, patting down slightly square.
- Place on parchment and baking sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees for 16 minutes, until light brown and firm on top.
- Remove and cool for 15 minutes.
- Take serrated knife and cut into slices diagonally.
- Place cut side down back onto parchment pan and bake at reduced heat of 325 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Remove and turn cookies over.
- Place back in oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack when lightly browned toasted on each side.
- Store when cool airtight container.