- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice using the package directions, omitting the salt and margarine.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dry-roast the walnuts for 4 minutes, or until beginning to lightly brown, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the walnuts to a sheet of aluminum foil or a plate to prevent overcooking.
- When the rice is tender, stir in the walnuts and the remaining ingredients.