1/3 Photos of Brown Rice and Walnuts
Audrey M's Note:
This is a nice side dish and the flavor of the brown rice and walnuts workwell together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the rice using the package directions, omitting the salt and margarine.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Dry-roast the walnuts for 4 minutes, or until beginning to lightly brown, stirring constantly.
- 4Transfer the walnuts to a sheet of aluminum foil or a plate to prevent overcooking.
- 5When the rice is tender, stir in the walnuts and the remaining ingredients.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 157.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g