Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super quick and healthy meal!
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth (any flavor broth will do)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare rice as directed on box using broth of your choice.
- Meanwhile over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and add onion. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broccoli and cover for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients to pan and saute until mushrooms release their juices, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.
YUM! I love this stuff! For those of you saying this was a bit dry, I'm thinking you must not have cooked your mushrooms long enough because they give off lots of juice when they're cooked. Mine actually had quite a bit of liquid. I used beef broth instead of veggie broth (as beef flavor compliments mushrooms so well) and I think I will always make it that way. I used a little more veggies than called for and 2 cloves of garlic instead of one (I LOVE garlic!). I also left out the thyme as I don't care much for it. I will make this again and again!
Very good recipe! I used sweet peppers instead of the mushrooms and it turned out wonderful. Thank you!
So good! Broccoli and mushrooms are my two favorite veggies and they were great together in this dish! I used chicken broth, and cooked the onions a little longer so they would soften and get golden. I mixed the rice into the veggies and served with baked chicken. Made for Cooking Tag Mania.