Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super quick and healthy meal!
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth (any flavor broth will do)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare rice as directed on box using broth of your choice.
- Meanwhile over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and add onion. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broccoli and cover for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients to pan and saute until mushrooms release their juices, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.
YUM! I love this stuff! For those of you saying this was a bit dry, I'm thinking you must not have cooked your mushrooms long enough because they give off lots of juice when they're cooked. Mine actually had quite a bit of liquid. I used beef broth instead of veggie broth (as beef flavor compliments mushrooms so well) and I think I will always make it that way. I used a little more veggies than called for and 2 cloves of garlic instead of one (I LOVE garlic!). I also left out the thyme as I don't care much for it. I will make this again and again!
So good! Broccoli and mushrooms are my two favorite veggies and they were great together in this dish! I used chicken broth, and cooked the onions a little longer so they would soften and get golden. I mixed the rice into the veggies and served with baked chicken. Made for Cooking Tag Mania.
Very good recipe! I used sweet peppers instead of the mushrooms and it turned out wonderful. Thank you!