2 hrs 30 mins
Robb Dabbs's Note:
This is good with almost anything... Robb
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon summer savory
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh snow pea, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemons, rind of, Grated
- 3/4 cup coconut, Grated, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Heat chicken broth to boiling.
- 3Combine broth with brown rice, butter, oregano, marjoram, and summery savory in 3 quart casserole and bake, covered, for 1-1/2 hours or until rice is tender.
- 4Keep hot. Melt butter in large skillet or dutch oven.
- 5Add celery, snow peas, broccoli, green onion, and ginger and stir fry until crisp-tender.
- 6Add vegetables, lemon rind, and toasted coconut to rice. Toss lightly to combine. Adjust seasonings.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice and Vegetable Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.5
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 410.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: