1/2 Photos of Brown Rice and Spinach Casserole
An easy, healthy, tasty casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw the spinach (microwave "defrost" setting, or in a sieve under cool running water), squeeze out the extra water, set aside in the sieve to finish draining.
- 2Beat the eggs, shred the cheese, combine, set aside.
- 3Mince the onions, slice the mushrooms, or use already-sliced criminis (life is too short to slice mushrooms! IMO).
- 4In a medium saute pan, on med-high heat, heat half of the chicken broth, add the onions and bring to a simmer. Allow the broth to nearly cook away, while the onions become brown. Watch it - don't let it burn. As the broth simmers away, add the remaining broth and the mushrooms. Lower the heat as needed to maintain a low simmer. Give the onion/mushroom/broth mixture a stir, and when just a bit of broth is left, remove the saute pan from the heat.
- 5Combine all ingredients in a baking pan and put in the oven, at 325 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes.
- 6VERY IMPORTANT: be sure to use already-cooked rice.
- 7(About cooking the rice ahead - I make a large-ish batch of it, and freeze it in smaller containers; it reheats pretty well in the microwave or skillet.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice and Spinach Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.2 mg
- Sodium 367.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: