Recipe by aurrunaga
This recipe is a typical lentil recipe except it does have bacon and beef broth.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup brown lentils or 3⁄4 cup green lentil, rinsed
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 lb cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big skillet, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the garlic, carrot, and onion.
- Cook until tender.
- Add the cumin, coriander, brown rice, lentils, cooked bacon, and beef broth.
- Cover, lower heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Fluff with fork.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Replace the lid and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.