Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A hearty soup the kids will eat and which works fine when made vegetarian as well.
Make and share this Brown Rice and Lentil Soup With Pomegranate Juice recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse lentils several times. Set aside to drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add chopped onion and toss to coat, then saute until soft. Add garlic and saute two more minutes.
- Add broth, lentils, rice, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on low for an hour or more, until the lentils and rice are tender.
- Add finely chopped basil, chopped green onions and pomegranate juice. Simmer 15 more minutes.
- NOTE: margarine can substitute for butter and broth can be changed to vegetarian soup powder mixed with water for vegetarians.