1/2 Photos of Brown Rice and Lentil Burgers
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe can also be made into a lentil loaf and served with mashed potatoes and vegan gravy. Served as burgers, they are also very good cold topped with ketchup and mayo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
- 2Add the lentils, reduce the heat and cook until softened, about 15 minutes.
- 3Drain and set aside.
- 4Meanwhile in another medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add the rice.
- 5Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the rice is just tender, about 40 minutes.
- 6Drain and set aside.
- 7In a saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the garlic, onion, and peppers until slightly browned.
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9In a large bowl, combine the lentils, rice and vegetables.
- 10Add the salt and pepper powder and mix well.
- 11Add a bit of bread crumbs or flour to hold the mixture together, if needed.
- 12Make into burger-sized patties and place on a baking sheet, or press into a loaf pan.
- 13Bake until slightly firm, about 15 minutes, or bake the loaf for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice and Lentil Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 400.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g