Recipe by katie in the UP
I got this recipe from Everyday Food Mar/2006 edition. I thought it was perfect on it's own! (DH thought it was perfect with a Ribeye on the side)
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I thought this was a uniquely tasty rice dish. Loved the tangy, nutty, lime flavors in the sauce. Made as directed, the rice was overcooked. I think adding an extra 1/4 cup of water would prevent that next time. Thanks--made a filling and healthy lunch.
- 3⁄4 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen edamame, shelled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- crushed red pepper flakes (my own addition)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a med saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups lightly salted water to boil.
- Add rice, reduce to a simmer; cover and cook, 30 minutes.
- Stir in edamame; cover and cook until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, vinegar, oil, chili flakes (if using) and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- With a fork, stir in lime juice mixture and scalliions into rice; season with salt and pepper.