Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Make this special side dish for any holiday meal - or anytime you've got a roast pork loin or red snapper in the oven. Use a straight-sided sauté pan, sometimes called a "sauteuse", or a high-sided, oven-safe skillet.
- cooking spray
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoons stemmed thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large oven-safe sauté pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and garlic; cook, stirring often, until onion has softened a bit, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and thyme; cook for 30 seconds. Pour in rice; stir well.
- Add broth, salt and pepper; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cover pan and place in oven; bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 1 hour. Fluff with a fork before serving.