1 hr 10 mins
Make this special side dish for any holiday meal - or anytime you've got a roast pork loin or red snapper in the oven. Use a straight-sided sauté pan, sometimes called a "sauteuse", or a high-sided, oven-safe skillet.
My Private Note
2/3 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoons stemmed thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large oven-safe sauté pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, celery and garlic; cook, stirring often, until onion has softened a bit, about 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in cranberries and thyme; cook for 30 seconds. Pour in rice; stir well.
- 4Add broth, salt and pepper; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 5Cover pan and place in oven; bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 1 hour. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice and Cranberry Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 209.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium vegetable broth