Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious, quick and easy recipe for The South Beach Diet followers. Cooking time does not include time needed to cook rice.
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese or 1 cup hoop cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour into lightly oiled casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
It's missing something. Love the idea, and a great start, but had too strong of a dill flavor, but without it would be bland. Any tips/thoughts on something else to add? Would make it again.
I made this as an accompaniment to a main as I had cottage cheese to use up. Lovely simple side, thanks for posting!
I just made this for dinner and was pleasantly suprised. I used fat free cottage cheese, skim milk and reduced fat parmesan cheese because that is what I had on hand and it turned out fine. I did have to add a little more milk to the recipe but otherwise made it like the recipe stated. Will definitely pass this recipe on