Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Good with fish or on its own. Prep. time does not include cooking the rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Saute celery, onion and mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Mix with remaining ingredients.
- Put into greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
I enjoyed this for dinner. I halved the recipe, used a bit more celery and mushrooms. Thanks for a good recipe!
Terrific recipe for brown rice. I omitted the mushrooms as we had a guest that did not care for them, but I do think they would be a great addition and will make it with them next time. Easy to make and well written recipe that will go into my favourites! Thanks for posting! :)