1/3 Photos of Brown Rice and Carrot Pilaf
1 hr 5 mins
Use this as a side dish to a meal. It is a bit different than ordinary vegetables. This can also be a vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a 2 quart pan at med-high heat.
- 2Add onion and carrot and cook about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in rice and cook until rice browns slightly.
- 4Add stock and seasonings.
- 5Cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- 6Stir in parsley and sprouts just before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice and Carrot Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: