Recipe by MamaCoco
Lots of casserole recipes out there, not many are compatible with my diet. So here's my first attempt to come up with my own. Suggestions welcome! I'll probably try browning chicken with the onion next.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice (I recommend Lundberg Jubilee Gourmet Blend of Whole Grain Rice made with chicken broth)
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium vegetable broth (mine is homemade with tomato in it)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly saute onions in olive oil over medium heat. Not trying to brown them, just don't want them raw going into the oven.
- Add rice, broccoli and cooked onions to a small casserole dish and mix.
- Pour vegetable broth into the saute pan used for onions and add salt. Stir while heating over medium heat. When bubbles appear, pour over casserole mix and stir.
- Cover the dish with foil or a lid and bake at 375 degrees in center of the oven for 30 mins (or until broccoli is tender and mix is bubbling).