Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Serve with pork chops and baked apples.
Top Review by Lemon Drop
I made this for an outside family picnic and it went over fairly well. I put some cheddar cheese on top and it looked a lot like broccoli casserole so people went for it. I wonder what they thought of brown rice. haha I'm sure most of them never eat brown rice.
- 2 1⁄4 cups canned chicken broth (may use low-sodium)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring broth to a boil.
- Add in salt and rice; boil 1 minute.
- Transfer to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for 40 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well(add more chicken broth if needed).
- Cover and bake until liquid is absorbed and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.