Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve with pork chops and baked apples.
Make and share this Brown Rice and Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring broth to a boil.
- Add in salt and rice; boil 1 minute.
- Transfer to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for 40 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well(add more chicken broth if needed).
- Cover and bake until liquid is absorbed and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
I made this for an outside family picnic and it went over fairly well. I put some cheddar cheese on top and it looked a lot like broccoli casserole so people went for it. I wonder what they thought of brown rice. haha I'm sure most of them never eat brown rice.
Good! More flavorful than I expected. Nice casserole-type side dish we enjoyed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was good. It's often a struggle to get my family to not only eat brown rice but enjoy it, too--this recipe did the trick.