Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed vegetarian vegetable soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- In a saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add in chili powder, cumin, and salt; stir/cook for 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in beans, rice, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, and eggs.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Top with tortilla chips and remaining cheese.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving; serve with salsa.