Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great healthy and quick way to enjoy seasoned brown rice.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups minute instant brown rice
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- Cook and stir onion in hot margarine until tender.
- Add broth, lemon juice and garlic powder.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in green beans, almonds and dill; cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
A great savory rice. I used olive oil and regular rice but otherwise followed the recipe with the appropriate timing. The sliced almonds are a tasty addition to brown rice.
This was really yummy. I used an extra T of almonds ('cause we love 'em) and used 1 T of margarine...since it's not easy to measure t of butter...
Love this dish! I used regular brown rice and I always use my rice cooker. I cooked the onion and then added the broth, lemon juice, garlic powder and brown rice into the rice cooker. When it was done, I added the beans, almonds and dill. Used fresh dill and it was such a great backgroud flavor! The almonds add a great crunch to this dish.