Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and good:)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 cup converted long-grain white rice
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, cut up
- 1. In a medium-size baking dish, combine beef broth, consomme, rice, onion and butter.
- 2. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Made as written and it turned out great. It was a little wetter than we prefer, but cooked through and had a great flavor. Made for Fall 2012 PAC.
This is a very tasty accompaniment for beef. I just couldn't bring myself to use that butter and it turned out fine and with a lot less fat by just skipping it. Would it be richer with the butter? certainly but, personally, we didn't miss it at all. It's sure easy enough to make and it tastes great.