Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great side dish for any pork or beef dish; it's also a great casserole for potlucks or family reunions.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup long grain rice
- Mix all ingredients together in a 1-1/2 or 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for i hour.
This was super easy and good, but I found it to be excessively salty. When I make it again, I will definitely use unsalted butter and try to find a lower sodium soup/broth option. Also, I used brown rice and had to bake it for 1 1/2 hours.
This is a definite keeper!! Was so flavorful and easy to make. I wasn't sure how DH would feel about it (hates mushrooms) but since they were big he could pick them out; he ate them and had seconds!! This is going to be a permanent side dish in our house!! Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
Easy, quick, delicious!! We love this! Goes well with beef and pork! A keeper for sure!