Recipe by Stardustannie
A hearty meal when served with some crusty bread! Quick n easy to put together.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Delicious! So quick, so healthy and very satisfying. I added some sliced mushroom and baby spinach to the recipe and used about a cup and a half of fresh cooked lentils. I thought the soup would be bland without the addition of garlic or some dried herbs, but the parsley was flavorful enough and the lemon really added some life to the soup at the end. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll be making it again.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (400 g) can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini and stock to pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add lentils to soup. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and squeeze lemon juice.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.