Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm not a huge fan of brown rice but I eat it because it's healthier than white! This version really makes the "medicine" go down! Hah!
- 1 cup brown jasmine rice, raw
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder (or vegetable)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Combine all ingredients but the pecans in a 3qt. saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, stir well.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook about 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- All liquid should be absorbed, but if rice is old, you may have to drain it before using.
- Remove 1 tbls of pecans. Add rest to rice and fluff up. Top with 1 tbls pecans and serve hot.