Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great brown jambalaya recipe.
- 1 chicken breast, Diced
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, Sliced
- 1 small green pepper, Diced
- 1 small red pepper, Diced
- 1 stalk celery, Diced
- 1 medium onion, Diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 1 1⁄4 cups white rice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a cast-iron skillet, brown sausage thoroughly and reserve.
- Brown chicken, allowing it to stick if possible, and reserve.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and celery and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- As the vegetables sweat, scrape the skillet.
- Add sausage, chicken, chicken stock, and spices and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Let stand, uncovered, for 5 minutes, then fluff and serve.