1/6 Photos of Brown Irish Soda Bread
From Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/4 t. salt.
- 2Cut in butter.
- 3Combine 1 egg and buttermilk and add to flour mixture; stir till just moistened.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, knead gently for 12 strokes.
- 5On a greased baking sheet, shape dough into a 6-in. round loaf.
- 6Cut a 4-in. cross, 1/4-in. deep, on the top.
- 7Brush with one beaten egg.
- 8Bake for 35 minute in a 375 degree oven.
- 9Cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Irish Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 138.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g