From Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
Make and share this Brown Irish Soda Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/4 t. salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Combine 1 egg and buttermilk and add to flour mixture; stir till just moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead gently for 12 strokes.
- On a greased baking sheet, shape dough into a 6-in. round loaf.
- Cut a 4-in. cross, 1/4-in. deep, on the top.
- Brush with one beaten egg.
- Bake for 35 minute in a 375 degree oven.
- Cool on rack.