Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my version of a spicy brown-honey mustard. This is my annual homemade Christmas present to family and friends. It is very easy to make and I used it for Honey Mustard Marinated Pork Loin. I have found that this mustard is made according to taste, no additional liquid yields a paste like mustard and a very grainy (many whole seeds) mustard is very hot. Put this on a grilled brat and you'll never use yellow mustard again. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup brown mustard seeds
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine 3/4 cup sherry and 1/2 cup mustard seeds in non-reactive bowl and let stand for about 3 hours.
- Transfer to food processor and add the mustard powder, honey and salt.
- Blend about 30 seconds on low to combine.
- Add 1 tbsp Sherry as needed until you get the consistency you wish. I usually add about3 tbsp so that I can use an inverted mustard bottle.
- Blend on high for about 20 seconds at a time until you get the texture desired. The bigger the grain, the hotter the taste.
This recipe was made just for myself, 'cause I dearly love the taste of honey mustard! This homemade one is outstanding (& I'll be making it again for myself! It's also very much worthy of being included in holiday gift baskets, something I must remember for the end-of-year holidays! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef]