1/1 Photo of Brown Gravy (Vegan/Vegetarian)
Found this recipe on a fitness website a few weeks ago and it was great with vegan "meat" loaf and mashed potatoes. I added portabella mushrooms to it as well. I'm planning on using this recipe for thanksgiving this year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Sauté the onion for a couple of minutes, or until transparent.
- 3Add the flour and garlic salt and sauté this mixture for about five to ten more minutes.
- 4Add in the vegetable broth and cornstarch, making sure to stir well to prevent lumps.
- 5Bring this to a boil and once you have done this you want to reduce to a simmer and continue cooking, stirring frequently.
- 6Add in the nutritional yeast and soy sauce and reduce the heat even further, cooking for just a few more minutes.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Gravy (Vegan/Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.1
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2286.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: