Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted in response to a request.
- 1 2⁄3 cups cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons low-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- To make gravy, measure 3 tablespoons mix into a saucepan. Add 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 minute.
The instant coffee gives it the dark rich color that we are so accustomed to seeing with brown gravy. You can't taste it. This stuff is GREAT! I will never buy packaged gravy again. Passing it on... =)
This makes a delicious gravy and as an added bonus it is a great money saver for the frugal cooks out there. I used this for recipe #269670 and it was sooooo good. Thx for posting!
I made a one serving batch of this gravy mix to use with Recipe #136338. I omitted the coffee. This worked very well and the family loved the gravy. Thanks for posting.