Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have never cared for meatloaf - that is until I discovered that it does NOT have to have ketchup smeared on top!!
- 2 lbs ground beef (I prefer a leaner cut like ground sirlon or chuck)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages brown gravy mix (My favorite is made by Knorr)
- Mix ingredients by smooshing them together with your hands - messy, but necessary.
- Bake at 350 F approximately 1 hour. Meat should be fully done in center.
- Hide the ketchup from the traditionalists.
This is one o blandest meatloafs I have ever had. I definitely needed onion and maybe even bellpepper along with seasonings. I put some Lipton Onion soup mix over mine and it did help the gravy taste very flavorful, but the meatloaf was bland as I don't know what.
Looks great and simple and I love your sense of humor! Simple recipes are often the best.