Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a gravy made from #rz.50337 pot roast. Wheather your roast has a lot of juices or little this still makes for a rich and delicious gravy.
- dripping, juices, and spices left from pot roast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chopped pimento pepper
- salt and pepper
- Pour leftover juices from pot roast into gravy seperator if you have a lot left. Drain broth into small pan using as little of the grease that you can. Using a spoon dip onion and other spices left from roast from bottom of seperator. Discard remaining grease.
- If your juices are thicker use what is left it will dilute with rest of mixture.
- Add half & half,pimento,salt,pepper and broth to mixture. Combine cornstarch with small amount of water just utill smooth. Add the rest of, or enough water for a small pan of gravy taste as you add water to make sure not to get broth too weak,or depending on how much broth you had left from roast.
- Stir while cooking over medium heat until boiling. Cook to desired thickness.
- Don't boil too long.cornstarch will break down and go back to being thin if over boiled.