Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple recipe for basic brown gravy. It is only improved with the drippings from a roast. Great on mashed potatoes or on a hot roast beef sandwich
- Heat oil on medium high in skillet.
- When oil is hot, wisk in flour and continue to wisk until this roux gets to the color of peanut butter or a little darker. Be careful. Once it begins to brown it will darken until it is burned. If this happens, start over.
- When roux is right darkness, remove from heat and pour in broth while wisking. It will blend and become smooth. Add beef dripping now if you have it.
- Return to medium low heat and add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the flavors are blended.
- Stir occasionally to prevent a skin from forming.