Chef J. Bradford's Note:
This is a simple recipe for basic brown gravy. It is only improved with the drippings from a roast. Great on mashed potatoes or on a hot roast beef sandwich
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil on medium high in skillet.
- 2When oil is hot, wisk in flour and continue to wisk until this roux gets to the color of peanut butter or a little darker. Be careful. Once it begins to brown it will darken until it is burned. If this happens, start over.
- 3When roux is right darkness, remove from heat and pour in broth while wisking. It will blend and become smooth. Add beef dripping now if you have it.
- 4Return to medium low heat and add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the flavors are blended.
- 5Stir occasionally to prevent a skin from forming.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.5
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 698.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: