Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
Cookie Dough Fun Cookbook
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dutch process cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons banana extract
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper; reserve 2/3 of dough. Place remaining 1/3 dough in medium bowl; let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- For flower centers, add cocoa to dough in bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Divide cocoa dough into 30 pieces; shape into balls. Place balls about 4 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- For flower petals, combine reserved dough, flour, banana extract and flood coloring in medium bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended and evenly colored. Divide dough into 30 pieces. Shap each piece into 6 ovals; place in circle around center ball on cookie sheet, leaving about 1/4-inch space between petals and center ball. Pinch outside ends of yellow ovals to points for petal shapes. Repeat with remaining yellow pieces.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until firm but not browned. Cool completely on cookie sheets.