Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love these cookies. The little bit of fudge on top is perfect.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons hot milk
- Heat over to 400°F Grease cookies sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter. Add sugar, almond extract, and salt. Blend in flour.
- Shape a tablespoon of dough into a ball. Place on cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of a glass that has been dipped in flour.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until cookies look dry and are beginning to brown around the edges. Remove to rack. Cool.
- Prepare Frosting: In a small saucepan, melt butter with chocolate (or microwave). Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.