Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
My grandmother used to serve these delicate cookies with a bowl of ice cream.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter, egg, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt to butter mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container. These cookies freeze well but are not good shippers.