Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
As I child, I was a big fan of Nabisco Brown Edge Wafers. Their simplicity and subtle buttery flavor seemed very "adult" to me. But in 1996, Nabisco stopped making them. Now I have to really be an adult and make my own. Fortunately, these elegant cookies are simple to create.
- 1.) Cream butter and sugar together.
- 2.) Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- 3.) Sift together the flour and potato starch. Add to the butter mixture and stir until well mixed.
- 4.) Refrigerate dough for an hour.
- 5.) Roll into balls about 3/4" in diameter and place at least 2" apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten balls slightly with your fingers. NOTE: You can either bake on parchment or directly on the pan. If you bake on parchment, the brown edges will be thinner.
- Bake at 375 for 14 minutes. Check after 10 minutes. Cookies will spread a lot. Let the edges get nice and brown, but don't let them burn.