Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love these cookies, they have always been my favorites. I actually cried when Nabisco stopped making them. This recipe is close to the yummy original. Not as easy as opening a box, but not too difficult to make.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sifted flour
- Cream butter and sugar together until lemon colored.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Beat until thoroughly blended.
- This is a very thick batter.
- Drop by scant teaspoons on greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Can sprinkle with ground blanched almonds or leave plain.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
My husband has been after me to find a re pie for the brown edge cookies for years! He remembers them from when he was a kid. This recipe is the real thing! I have made two batches in two days.