Recipe by Caryn
This is a family recipe posted at the request of a Zaar member.
Top Review by Kathy(
EXCELLENT, just like the recipe I lost from my mother. A light and delicate cookie. Perfect with tea. I make mine larger than "marble" size. My mother never made them with pecans, so my preference is biased toward no nuts -- you cannot mess with childhood memories! :-)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Drop dough (the size of a marble) on greased cookie sheets leaving quite a large space between each.
- Press a pecan in the center of each.
- Bake 14 to 15 minutes.